Roboid Incorporated Register For Free!
Click here to register for free!

::The Forum::
Bugs and Issues

X Known Issue: Session Expiration/Random Logouts
Started By: Elsereth[Joined: Oct 2014Posts:6]
Posted on 2015-01-08 1:07pm
Recently released a potential fix for players being randomly asked to re-login. It was happening in the middle of Hacking and Scavenging which made it extra annoying. Please report if it happens again while you are online. (You may need to re-login after a period of inactivity.) Include what you were doing and whether you were active or idle. Thanks!
SilverCel[Joined: Nov 2014Posts:0]
Posted on 2015-01-08 7:18pm
How to know when you are idle?
Posted on 2015-01-08 7:25pm
I have had to relog many times. I just thought it was my internet connection causing the problem.

I have also had a the session cut out on me many times before while waiting for a timer to end. Luckily these problems only affected the hacking mini-game once so far. All other times it was minor and after imputing the command again, it was submitted.

The logouts and expirations seem completely random, but I will try and get a more accurate report to you next time it happens.
Elsereth[Joined: Oct 2014Posts:6]
Posted on 2015-01-09 12:20am
It was because the session was tied to IP address. If your network refreshed it's IP (some firewalls do this frequently) then the session would stop being valid.

Apparently most attacks happen from within a person's network (think computer virus) so the IP address would be the same anyway, so no point in tying to the IP. I removed that so ideally the only thing causing a dropped session should be if the browser decides to wipe it's session cookies. I set the session cookie TTL to as long as it allows by not all browsers obey. Some mobile phones even wipe sessions when the browser is suspended for too long.

It's a programming nightmare. *wup*

Ideally if you are online in the middle of a hack or scavenge it should no longer kick you out. A closed browser.... another story.
Posted on 2015-01-09 12:23am
Most session security measures are designed to prevent people from being logged in too long... not often developers try to keep the sessions long. I sometimes have to knock my head out of the uber-security mind frame I tend to default to. :-S
Argroww[Joined: Dec 2014Posts:0]
Posted on 2015-01-09 2:32pm
Just found that this is still happening for me, was doing the hacking game and on the 5th guess it logged me out, i suspect that i was going to lose anyway, but that's not the point ;p

It's not happening as much as it used to though.
Posted on 2015-01-09 4:29pm
I have this site open while I do other stuff during long cooldowns. Sometimes I also have a few tabs open on different parts of this site. I wonder could constantly switching tabs or even minimizing / maximizing the browser be affecting the sessions in some way?

I got a red expiration notice when I switched back to a tab open on the repair page and submitted the action. I had just done a repair a few minutes earlier and switched to a tab where I was writing a reply to a topic on this forum. After the first failed attempt, I just resubmitted the repair action and it to worked normally.
Posted on 2015-01-09 6:08pm
Arg! I will investigate.

The expired page, is built in, happens every half hour on the dot. Should not mess anything up.
Posted on 2015-01-09 8:44pm
Ahh ok, if the red expired warning is normal then I'm not being affected as much as I thought. I do get the occasional forced log out, but that is only when I have been away from the game a long time and just get back. I probably was in idle status by then.
Posted on 2015-01-10 12:12am
Logouts after a period of inactivity are (I think) the browser doing some clearing of session cookies: ignoring my code telling the browsers not to delete the cookies.
Argroww[Joined: Dec 2014Posts:0]
Posted on 2015-01-10 12:51am
I haven't had it happen again for the entire 11 hours I've been online tonight, typically it only happened during the hacking minigame (Roboid conspiracy I tell you!!)
Posted on 2015-02-04 8:51pm
I noticed that for the past 3 days, I have been force logged out at around the same time each day: approx 7:30pm EST.

I will keep watching out for this over the next couple of days, and let you know if it keeps up. I'll also try to catch the exact time when it happens if there is one.
Posted on 2015-02-05 11:50pm
Yeah, I'm going to have to dig even further into this. Grr.
YoMafuttinDaddy[Joined: Feb 2015Posts:0]
Posted on 2015-02-16 9:42pm
its rather random
Posted on 2015-03-02 3:50pm
Seems to be happening about every 24 hours and is no longer a result of the IP address changing. I will continue to investigate.
Posted on 2015-03-02 4:55pm
Promoted new changes to hopefully rectify this. Should take place after your next login. Session should now last 30 days depending on browser.

It will force one logout/back in today.
Edited on 2015-03-02 4:58pm

News & Updates
  • Aug 24, 2022: Duel Mission Change, Bug Fixes and Small QOL Improvements
  • Oct 22, 2021: Bug Fix in Equipment Condition
  • May 17, 2021: Game Updated & End Of Round!!
  • More News & Updates
Train, Fight, Explore and Win.
A free massively multiplayer online game.
© Silver Key Games | Legal | Facebook | Twitter