Roboid Incorporated Register For Free!
Click here to register for free!

::The Forum::
Suggestions and Game Discussion

++ Forum Suggestions
Started By: Elsereth[Joined: Oct 2014Posts:709]
Posted on 2015-01-08 2:32pm
Please add forum ideas & feedback here.

*!* The ability to edit posts is coming shortly, as well as marking of unread threads, plus an indicator of last activity on the categories list page. Also, eventually a way to vote/like comments, hooked into a karma system.

Other than that, it will generally evolve with time, but to remain mobile friendly we'll be keeping it relatively simple & lightweight.
SilverCel[Joined: Nov 2014Posts:563]
Posted on 2015-01-08 7:10pm
I really like it so far. The all purpose forum modules out there are pretty bloated with too many unnecessary stats, awards, or doodads.

One thing I noticed though, is that at the category level, you don't show #posts and last post. This would be REALLY helpful to have. Please add this in if its not too much work.

Also noticed that the last post section doesn't have a link to the actual post. I guess it doesn't matter when it is shown beside the containing thread, but at category level it would save some clicks. If added, having it jump to the exact position of the post in a thread would be very nice too!
Elsereth[Joined: Oct 2014Posts:709]
Posted on 2015-01-09 12:33am
Hmmmmmmm.
Great ideas!! I was just thinking that the category page was too un-informative.

Oh great, more SQL wrestling. *doh*
Posted on 2015-01-09 12:36am
And yeah, I researched third party forums for over a week. I desperately didn't want to write one from scratch. But just couldn't find one that fit. Literally: into the mobile/flex layout, into the existing login system, into the loyalty/permission restrictions. Ug.

One game I played had a bunch of games built right into the forum. Like a mini Uno game, dice rolling, etc. Desperately wanted that forum, but I think it's custom. I hope to add neat things like that.
Malkev[Joined: Oct 2014Posts:35]
Posted on 2015-01-09 12:45am
I suggest that the little dudes next to our names need to change. (You know, the little green guy.) If we could customize those, or have little robots, or anything like that, that would be fantastic!

Better yet, what if a reward for good forum karma (after such number of posts for example) was the ability to make our own little avatars instead of this neutral one?
Posted on 2015-01-09 2:10pm
One other minor feature of standard of forums is that they have the 'bread crumb' navigation at the top, so you can jump back up to previous levels of a complex forum.

This forum only have 2 levels so far so it isn't really needed. To be complete however, you can simply add a link straight to the Category level (top level) from inside a topic. Right now it only lets you go back to the topics list for a particular category.
Posted on 2015-01-09 2:16pm
I don't think that the forum needs the bloat of encapsulated mini-games, like a forum Uno. Doesn't it make more sense to have the mini games directly be part of the main game?

I agree with Malkev that customizable forum avatars would be cool.
Posted on 2015-01-09 2:24pm
Oh and while I'm at it, a read/unread system for topics would be super helpful to users.

If you expect the forums to get a lot of use this is kind of a must, along with the latest post show at the top/category level.
Posted on 2015-01-09 2:28pm
Oh ya and editing posts is also critical to establishing a well used forum. Being able to link directly to specific posts is also handy but not absolutely necessary.

I hope I'm not coming across as too demanding. None of these suggestions have to be top priority, but it is good to keep them in mind.
Posted on 2015-01-12 7:34pm
Forum is now LIVE!! 8-)
Posted on 2015-01-12 10:19pm
Categories overview now shows name of last poster in that category.
Malkev[Joined: Oct 2014Posts:35]
Posted on 2015-01-13 1:08am
Could you also put a time stamp there? That way, we can quickly see recent updates and check out the latest Roboid gossip! *bot2* *!*
Posted on 2015-01-13 8:09am
Maybe.. need to avoid heavy load on the database. I may cache that page to help.
Posted on 2015-01-13 3:17pm
Done! Along with quoting!

Quote: SilverCel... add a link straight to the Category level (top level) from inside a topic. Right now it only lets you go back to the topics list for a particular category.
Posted on 2015-01-13 4:39pm

Quote: ElserethDone! Along with quoting!Nice!!
Posted on 2015-01-13 9:52pm
The "Last Post" info on the categories list is now cached for 1 minute. That SQL query is very complex.

News & Updates
  • Dec 21 2017: Duel Challenges Extended
  • May 07 2017: Back in Action!
  • Aug 23 2016: EOR Prep DONE!!
  • More News & Updates
Train, Fight, Explore and Win.
A free massively multiplayer online game.
By Silver Key Games | Facebook
Copyright © 2020. All Rights Reserved.
Web Services by Avinus
Privacy & Legal