Roboid Incorporated Register For Free!
Click here to register for free!

::The Forum::
Suggestions and Game Discussion

+ In-game chat system?
Started By: Tweaked[Joined: Nov 2015Posts:4]
Posted on 2015-11-21 6:37pm
The community in this game doesn't seem that large. Forum posts seem far apart in date usually ranging in days, and new topics weeks apart.

I think a chat system would be beneficial for fostering a stronger community. Forums are great for lengthy discussion and ideas, but seeing second to second messaging seems more interactive.

Perhaps two to three tabs visible depending on faction alignment? General, Trade, and Roboid or FVR.

It feels kind of weird being on a MMO and not knowing who else is online.
Elsereth[Joined: Oct 2014Posts:709]
Posted on 2015-11-21 8:00pm
I wonder though, is it worth it to spend time working in a chat... while there are so few players?

I'm also concerned that in other browser games I've played, the chat tends to devolve into a bunch of griefing. I don't have time to moderate it either... *doh*

Frustratingly, many players who are online regularly, don't post on the forum at all.
Edited on 2015-11-21 8:02pm
SilverCel[Joined: Nov 2014Posts:563]
Posted on 2015-11-21 9:30pm
I have talked with some other players and from my own experience, I think real time chat is a MUST.

The thing is that it does need a certain amount of players in game before it's beneficial. As you pointed out the forum is pretty quiet. The only thing worse than a slow forum is a dead live chat (lol a legit oxymoron there). Also with more players in game, there is a chance to find good volunteer moderators.

As such this is more of a mid to late development feature. I'm noticing an increase in active players especially as new features are added or improved, so hopefully the dev will start thinking about this soon *dance*
Edited on 2015-11-21 9:30pm
Posted on 2015-11-22 12:05am
Oh, for sure this is already on my list. But I agree, it's down the road a bit.

If someone wants to set up a semi-official off-site chat room, I'll link to it.
Edited on 2015-11-22 12:06am
FlameRobot[Joined: Apr 2015Posts:17]
Posted on 2016-05-31 5:31am
I've played another game where it had a side chat
One of the most useful tools it had.
It boosted the community nicely.
Edited on 2016-05-31 5:31am
Posted on 2016-06-01 9:43am

Quote: FlameRobotI've played another game where it had a side chat
One of the most useful tools it had.
It boosted the community nicely.

Wonder what it would be like though with a small playerbase? I could maybe set up an external service with a "use at your own risk" warning . ;-)
noeljbass[Joined: Jan 2020Posts:3]
Posted on 2020-02-04 9:24am
Well, I definitely don't think it's a necessary component with low traffic, but the benefits of having a live chat I think would outweigh the downsides. Another game I played is functioning today almost solely BECAUSE of their chatroom. The gameplay itself is meh but the community comes together, helps each other out, etc. They have a roleplay channel for all them larpers out there, and they have a trade channel (which is my favorite aspect) allowing you to advertise what you just put on the market. For those that are too "high IQ" to play nice in the sandbox, they had a special mute button you could toggle on particular people so as to not deal with their shenanigans. It might not be a high priority right now cause we can just inbox anyone who is online, but this particular game has a solid fan base and it's all because of their community.
Posted on 2020-02-09 9:39am
Hmmmm

News & Updates
  • Dec 21 2017: Duel Challenges Extended
  • May 07 2017: Back in Action!
  • Aug 23 2016: EOR Prep DONE!!
  • More News & Updates
Train, Fight, Explore and Win.
A free massively multiplayer online game.
By Silver Key Games | Facebook
Copyright © 2020. All Rights Reserved.
Web Services by Avinus
Privacy & Legal