Roboid Incorporated Register For Free!
Click here to register for free!

::The Forum::
Suggestions and Game Discussion

+ Possible Game Additions
Started By: 1Cor134[Joined: Nov 2015Posts:32]
Posted on 2015-11-16 1:46pm
Not sure if these sound interesting, but after playing a bit, here's my list of possible new game enhancements:

1. option to work on other people's bots. Just like the crafting feature will allow you to create items and sell them, you could be able to sell your mechanic abilities and upgrade\enhance other people's bots (for money)

2. tweaking\upgrading weapons\armor. Like calibrating your bot, instead you can work on and tweak your weapons and armor. This goes with #3

3. more stats! stat are fun. Right now, armor and weapons only have 1 stat and bots only have 3 stats. If you have more stats\abilities you can tweak them or enhance them (see #2)

4. trainer customization. Like your bot your trainer should be customizable. you could have a chaacter creation screen where you set the backstory for your trainer. If you've played the Ultima games, they had a character creation system that partially was based on your backstory. They would present you with schenarios and then ask how you would respond to the sitautions. How you responded determined the type of character you were creating. This might fit well into the roleplaying\story-driven type of feel this game has. Your type of trainer could determine bonuses to hacking, calibrating, selling\buying, dueling, etc.
ex: It's a lovely Spring Saturday morning on your family farm. Today is your day off and you've been dreaming of what you would do today. The first thing you do is:
A. Run down to the family reaper bot and start calibrating it with some new algorithms you've been working on.
B. Log into your computer and work on that programming side-project you and your friends have been planning.
C. Go to town and take notes on the local bot matches, while planning and dreaming of owning your own dueling bot one day.

5. more control over bot AI. right now, the battles are pretty autonomous, which I understand from a design perspective since this is a browser game. To give the player more control, you could allow the players to configure the AI of their bot. They could program sequences or reactions to certain battle situations which would influence how the battle went. For example, changes stances during the fight, or when stumbling, etc. There is a lot you could do here if you wanted to mix things up.
Edited on 2015-11-16 1:56pm
SilverCel[Joined: Nov 2014Posts:563]
Posted on 2015-11-16 9:07pm
I suggested something like #1 a while ago, suggesting the addition helpful actions like being able to calibrate someone else's bot but at a longer cooldown than normal. I would definitely like to see more actions in general but especially firendly actions that we can do to help out new players, friends or team mates.

#2 and #3: YES YES AND MORE YES!!! I support those suggestions 100%. The game deserves a more in depth equipment system. Because we are dealing with robots instead of flesh and blood characters, the possibilities are virtually endless with the kinds of chips, enhancers, and modules that can be added. I would love to make a bot with 4 arms, quad wielding laser swords (general grievous anyone). Hey, or a tank bot with a single mega canon and tank treads! To make such a versatile equip system it would need a lot more stats like: weight limits, power consumption, complexity/processing, weapon speeds, heat buildup, etc... This leads to being able to calibrate/tweak it all for even higher stats/efficiency!!

#4 would be cool, but I definitely want a more in depth bot customization first. It would be like the cherry on top of awesome cake *thumbup*

#5 that is a tough one. I have been thinking of numerous suggestions to make but haven't gotten anything that fits with the 'fire and forget' limitation of a browser game. The main emphasis of Roboid is Competitions where your bot faces off against another player's bot (right now not enough players, so NPCs were added to give us a reliable supply of opponents). In order to coordinate it, everything needs to be decided without any player input beyond an initial setup phase. --- So the only real control we can have is how we built the bot (suggestions #2 and #3 would help this a lot). Stances would be really cool too if they also gave some default AI behaviours to the bots that would change how they fight.
Edited on 2015-11-16 9:13pm
Elsereth[Joined: Oct 2014Posts:710]
Posted on 2015-11-16 10:23pm
Cloning self in 3...2...1...

*XD* *wup*
SilverCel[Joined: Nov 2014Posts:563]
Posted on 2015-11-16 11:28pm
Now clone those clones a few more times so we can get these new features sooner :-D
Posted on 2015-11-17 9:48am
Cloning the clones of the clones!!!! I'm the original! No, I'm the original!! *blink*

Oh the insanity!
TeDroid[Joined: Nov 2015Posts:27]
Posted on 2015-11-18 9:47am
1Cor134 I like your ideas too. More depth more fun.

Elserth Cloning also sounds fun LOL.

My suggestion: make list of online players/class/rank on duel page. It'd make it lil easier to locate closer matched opponents.
Yeah I understand more players will make it easier. Hoping for the best on more actives
TeDroid[Joined: Nov 2015Posts:27]
Posted on 2015-11-18 9:51am
^ for above no hurry on above.

I noticed Elsereth is in midterm cloning process *blink* 8-|
Posted on 2015-11-19 12:02pm

Quote: TeDroidI noticed Elsereth is in midterm cloning process *blink* 8-|

Lol, I just 'got' that. *XD* Yup, my 3rd clone is due in Jan. Except it's another boy. My cloning skills are off. *LOL*
1Cor134[Joined: Nov 2015Posts:32]
Posted on 2015-11-21 1:52am
I know you are busy and will have another bundle of joy to take care of. Please take these as suggestions that I make because I enjoy this game, not as gripes. The game is fun *thumbup* great job! I especially appreciate the website layout, the great UI, and the general professional and cleanness.
Edited on 2015-11-21 1:53am
Posted on 2015-11-21 11:33am
Thank you! And don't worry... I'm thrilled that people are enjoying the game. I love hearing feedback.

Several implemented features have been player suggestions- including the Teams feature! :-D I read all ideas, and ones I like & seem feasible go into my master list.

I do want to enrich the faction vs faction (roboid vs fvr) aspect to the game. Plus write season 2 + its missions, and hopefully add a "side quest" idea so people always have a goal to complete.

As much as the game is about robots fighting... I have always wanted to incorporate larger goals & activities. Such as the 2 factions working together to fortify their sides, and attack the other side.

Then, a larger threat from the Outskirts requiring all players to work together to protect the Capitol from an outside threat.

So... In my imagination, it has multiple layers: Individual bot fights & the competition & teams layer - inside of Roboid vs FVR faction battles - inside of a war for the survival of the Capitol.

It's just an incremental process since I can't work full time on it & it doen't make money at this point. So, just tinkering away slowly. :-)
Edited on 2015-11-21 11:34am

News & Updates
  • Dec 21 2017: Duel Challenges Extended
  • May 07 2017: Back in Action!
  • Aug 23 2016: EOR Prep DONE!!
  • More News & Updates
Train, Fight, Explore and Win.
A free massively multiplayer online game.
By Silver Key Games | Facebook
Copyright © 2020. All Rights Reserved.
Web Services by Avinus
Privacy & Legal