Roboid Incorporated Register For Free!
Click here to register for free!

::The Forum::
Off Topic

+ What does Roboid make you think of?
Started By: Malkev[Joined: Oct 2014Posts:35]
Posted on 2015-04-27 8:56pm
Hey Robo-junkies!

Many of us love this game because of the storyline or the fun robot vs robot mechanic. But this is not the first time such a premise has been created.

Which brings me to my question: What movie / book / game / etc. makes you think of Roboid and why? Is there a wonderful element that you wish were a part of the game and the developer should know about? (Hint hint!) Or, on the other hand, was there a terrible premise that you think should be avoided like the plague?

I’ll get the ball rolling with an example from my last post.

1) Movie – Big Hero 6

I really enjoyed the bot vs bot fights in the beginning of the movie and I loved that superior strategy could beat a powerhouse bot. I can’t wait to see something like that incorporated into Roboid. I disliked that the bots were mini and that the fights seemed to be more underground / unsanctioned.

(As you add your suggestions, please number them and keep the same kind of format. I’ll add them to this main post as I see them.)
YoMafuttinDaddy[Joined: Feb 2015Posts:117]
Posted on 2015-04-27 9:31pm
who remembers BattleBots the arena style fighting robot show?

https://youtu.be/T500ecHP3pE

if you watched but had forgotten that is a refresher video
SilverCel[Joined: Nov 2014Posts:563]
Posted on 2015-04-27 9:37pm
TV show - Continuum

The tagging feature and factions really reminds me of the factions in the TV show: Liber8 = FVR and the Corporations = Roboid. Showcase even ran a brief marketing thing wehre viewers would vote for which side they liked more (it didn't get much attention and was removed recently).

The show has a time travel storyline, so no robots. It does have a lot of scifi technology and scenes of the future. That kind of makes me think a bit about what tech is like in the world of Roboid.

Gameboy game - Medabots

I didn't play it too much. It is basically a pokemon clone but with robots and in depth equipment. The obvious connection to Roboid is the robot fighting.

What I would like to see in Roboid is in depth equipment with combo pieces and part interactions that allow us to create our own strategies.
Edited on 2015-04-27 10:08pm
Elsereth[Joined: Oct 2014Posts:709]
Posted on 2015-04-27 9:42pm
Quote: YoMafuttinDaddywho remembers BattleBots the arena style fighting robot show?

https://youtu.be/T500ecHP3pE

if you watched but had forgotten that is a refresher video

OMG!! I need DVDs of this for my Bday! Hint, hint Malkev! :-D

Real Steel:
I picture the combat as very, very similar to the film Real Steel. The size & structure of the bots. The hard impacts, intense fighting in a small-ish arena. The official matches and underground fights. Very close to what I created for Roboid.

Fallout 3:
This game, which I loved, loved on xbox360, is a big inspiration for the world and setting of Roboid. Post-apocayptic, much is destroyed. People are mostly fending for themselves & trying to rebuild. Loved the gritty weapons, equipment & people.
Edited on 2015-04-27 10:08pm
ShadowBroker[Joined: Jan 2015Posts:133]
Posted on 2015-04-27 10:18pm
I picture the obnoxious talking ads & billboards from Minority Report for the tagging. *LOL*
YoMafuttinDaddy[Joined: Feb 2015Posts:117]
Posted on 2015-04-28 12:05am
now my brains stuck, im trying to remember this ps1 game with giant robots fighting other giant robots but you were a highschoolkid who controlled the robot from inside and it was based in tokyo. bot was red blue and white like the original megatron. but later you got different bots like a jet.

i know it sounds a lot like transformers but its a japamese version woth people controllimg them and not aliens
MoonRune[Joined: Apr 2015Posts:113]
Posted on 2015-04-28 1:44pm
Quote: Elsereth
Fallout 3:
This game, which I loved, loved on xbox360, is a big inspiration for the world and setting of Roboid. Post-apocayptic, much is destroyed. People are mostly fending for themselves & trying to rebuild. Loved the gritty weapons, equipment & people.

I literally installed this yesterday and spent around an hour-two playing it. I like the atmosphere and I can't wait for the game to opened up.

For me roboid reminds of a very old PC game "B.O.T.S.". I apsolutely adored it when I was a kid since it was a kind of a hidden gem that I found on the big scary internet. It wasn't very good but my god I enjoyed my stay there. Purchasing a new bot and equiping it with a weapon + some mods for two active/passive skills. Good times man.
I managed to find some gameplay even.
https://youtu.be/aaKPcpXKnLk
Ah the annoying arcade-y sounds really bring back the nostalgia..
Edited on 2015-04-28 1:46pm
GentooC[Joined: Dec 2015Posts:76]
Posted on 2016-02-21 3:07pm
I think there is a lot of cyber-punk there, the atmosphere seem the real world of Matrix.
I watch the image on the bot store and, I don't know if it's volunteer, but it's identical to an scene of the film Io Robot.
The underground atmosphere remember me an old point and click game: Beneath a steel sky, but I can't tell why...

News & Updates
  • Dec 21 2017: Duel Challenges Extended
  • May 07 2017: Back in Action!
  • Aug 23 2016: EOR Prep DONE!!
  • More News & Updates
Train, Fight, Explore and Win.
A free massively multiplayer online game.
By Silver Key Games | Facebook
Copyright © 2020. All Rights Reserved.
Web Services by Avinus
Privacy & Legal